This rhubarb simple syrup makes a great gift, especially when you add a pretty label & gift tag with a tasty drink recipe! Click on the link below to download a free printable version of the tags.
For the Packaging:
- 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock paper, kraft
- glass bottle with stopper
- baker’s twine (this pack has a nice assortment of colors at a decent price)
- hole punch
For the Syrup:
- Download the PDF file for the labels & gift tags. Print on 8.5″ x 11″ kraft cardstock paper.
- Cut out tags. Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top of each tag.
- Fill bottle(s) with syrup (this is much easier with a small funnel). Attach label and recipe card to the neck of the bottle using baker’s twine.
Note: Syrup should be stored in the refrigerator.
This is a great way to use up extra rhubarb, and there are so many fun ways that you can use this syrup! It is a wonderful addition to all sorts of cocktails, although the recipe I included on the gift tag for the ‘Rhubarb Fizz’ is my personal favorite. I have also added it to cake batter, drizzled it over waffles, and frozen it into ice pops – all with delicious results
What’s your favorite rhubarb recipe? I love it, but always end up with more than I can use in the summer!
PS: For creative inspiration delivered right to your inbox, be sure to sign up for our newsletter!